Lexicon is a customizable, pre-built mobile app that provides an elegant mobile discussions experience. Built on top of Discourse.
- Topics, Private Messaging, User Signups, Profile Management, and more.
- Straightforward process to customize the app for your brand
- Rapidly build Android and iPhone apps for your existing Discourse site
- Backed by a GraphQL API
- Free and open source!
- Commercial support available
- Launch a custom mobile discussions app
- Increase engagement with your users by adding a mobile-first Discourse experience—no more WebViews.
- Built with React Native and Expo, delivering a native look-and-feel on both iOS and Android.
- Includes an auto-documented GraphQL interface over the Discourse API, which you can build on top of.
How does Lexicon work?
Lexicon delivers a native mobile Discourse experience with two key components:
- The Lexicon Mobile App - a modern mobile app built with Expo & React Native
- Prose, our GraphQL API on top of the Discourse API
The Lexicon Mobile App
The Lexicon Mobile App is built with Expo, which allows us to maintain both the iOS and Android apps with a single codebase.
For those unfamiliar, Expo provides a superior development and deployment experience on top of React Native.
Prose: Discourse through GraphQL
Prose is Lexicon's GraphQL layer built on top of Discourse's API.
This enables developers to quickly build apps on top of a live Discourse instance while leveraging the benefits of GraphQL.
What is Discourse?
Discourse is open-source discussion software that is thoughtfully designed, simple to setup, and well-maintained.
You can learn more about it on the Discourse website.
You can learn about the technical details of our approach in Concepts & Architecture.
MIT. Copyright (c) Lexicon