Welcome to the Lexicon Tutorial
We're really excited to help you dig in with the Lexicon Stack and learn how to deploy it in a way that benefits you and your users.
Target Audience & Prerequisites
In order to complete this tutorial, you should have familiarity with:
- The command-line
- Git and Github
- Setting up a Discourse instance
- Setting up servers in general
In terms of prepararation, you will need:
- NodeJS installed on your development machine (between versions 12 and 14)
- An editor to edit config files
Have some concerns?
Interested in Lexicon but lacking in technical abilities? We completely understand.
Reach out to us at [email protected] to chat about how we can help bring your idea to life.
This tutorial will guide you through the process of getting the entire Lexicon Stack up and running locally with your Discourse site.
At the end of the tutorial, you will be able to interact with your Discourse site in the Lexicon Mobile App on your local device or simulator.
You will also have an understanding of:
- How to configure and run the Prose GraphQL API locally or on a server you own
- How to configure and run the Lexicon Mobile app on your device or in a simulator
- The next steps needed to make full use of Lexicon
Please note that this tutorial will not cover the process of actually launching the app, as well as certain details about deploying to production. For support with those tasks, please refer to the documentation.
Let's get started!